Here is Sophie's heartbeat from my last checkup at 28 weeks and 4 days. It was a strong 150 bpm. :)
Friday, January 29, 2010
Many thanks to Crossed Fingers over at My Lovely Lady Bump! I received my first blog award. For this award I have to do the following:
- Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
- Copy the award and place it in your blog.
- Link the person who nominated you for this award.
- Tell us 7 interesting things about you.
- Nominate 7 bloggers.
- Post the links to the 7 bloggers you nominate.
- I am a retired writer/poet (for now) and my works have been published in magazines.
- Give me a Tim Horton's Iced Cappuccino and I will be happy. (If you haven't tried one yet..what are you waiting for?!)
- I am an exact copy of my mom and I love it.
- I don't really care for pizza or fast food.
- I have extremely long toes and can pick objects up with them.
- I still have and sleep with my baby blanket/pillow. I don't have an unnatural attachment to it, like I have to fall asleep with them, but my husband doesn't mind!
- I can do an amazing Boston accent - Watching Cops feeds my addiction and makes me go off on a tangent for about 30 minutes saying things like, "I need to go out for 'cowfee' with Jerome" and "I told Johnny I didn't want him out of the house past midnight 'cause he'll be in 'danga'."
G+D at All Things G&D
Meredith at La Buena Vida
Karen at A Day in the Life of Karen
Melissa at Dear Baby
Ashley at The Domestic Wannabe
Sheila at Sheila's Wonderful Life
Mrs.CFH2 at My Happy House
Monday, January 25, 2010
View from the door:
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Yes..sneak peek. I apologize. But ever since I found out yesterday afternoon that our big wall decal was on it's way (it should be on my doorstep tomorrow!!!) I am apprehensive to post the room. It is such a BIG part of the decor and transformation, so I will be holding off. I knew you would be disappointed, so you don't go home empty handed.
This weekend I promise it will be done (minus her bedding and glider) and you will get to see it.....with better pictures I might add. Hope you enjoyed the sneek peek - it is so great watching it come together.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
I will posting photos of Sophie's nursery! We still have one night ahead of us with finishing touches, but we are finally done painting. Also keep in mind when you view the photos tomorrow, that we don't have our bedding yet. Our shower is early March, so we will have to wait a bit to fully "finish" her room. We are also waiting on a decal that has yet to be shipped and I am sure that will make the room, so think of tomorrow's post as an update.
In the meanwhile I have been preparing for Spencer's birthday this weekend. He gets not one, not two, but three celebrations. That leaves me with preparing dinners and cleaning the house for a whole weekend. His father's side is coming over on Saturday and his mom and my side are coming over on Sunday. All in all I have about 30 people coming to see the house this weekend. My house needs to be CLEAN. Last weekend we put away the Christmas decor and have been seeing "holes" where we think things should be. Our tree, for instance, is by our front window. Now nothing is there...so I have been trying to convince Spence that we need an accent chair there. The window is too low for a table...you can see my past living room posts here. We have put the black and white brocade chair here in the past, but it doesn't match. I recently looked online for options, and came up with this beautiful find from Target:
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Ok, so I do have a pregnancy symptom. Puffy ankles. A.k.a Cankles. :( I felt my feet tingling last night and took off my socks to see why and immediately noticed my beautiful skinny ankles swallowed up by water retention. WHAT?!!!! How can this be? I have no swollen face, wrists, fingers or toes...just ankles...
I guess I should be happy it's not sandal season. I'm keeping my cankles elevated for the next few days to see if it goes away...In the meanwhile, my fake Uggs are my BFF.
Monday, January 11, 2010
Blame it on nesting instinct, or whatever you like, but I have to be organized when Sophie comes! I found adorable pink and brown clothing dividers on etsy.
I found the cutest outfit yet for little girls...Enter Gymboree with their "Monster Sale" - come summer, watch out for the cutest little girl in Oxford!
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Aren't these just the cutest baby shoes ever?!!! I HAD to have these when I saw them at MamaBargains.com - and thanks to designer Taylor Joelle as well - this is the second item I bought from their store.
This beanie also made it to my house last week courtesy of Mama Bargains @ over 50% off!